Investors who set up a security agency in Hong Kong can provide their security guarding services to several types of clients, from corporate ones to individuals. Alternatively, they can also provide other types of security work, as generally accepted in Hong Kong: services for armored transportation and services for the installation, maintenance, and repair of security systems and devices.
In order to open a company in Hong Kong that offers one or more types of security work, investors will need to follow a few steps for incorporation and licensing.
Conditions for security agencies in Hong Kong
All companies that provide security work need to apply for and obtain a license issued by the Security and Guarding Services Industry Authority.
The list below outlines some of the most important conditions for licensing:
- • The company must be registered: the license is issued for companies that are registered in Hong Kong and have a good financial background;
- • The company has adequate premises: the headquarters or place of business should be appropriate for the type of activity undertaken by the company;
- • The company has trained staff: the Hong Kong employees should be trained, checked and carry the relevant valid permits for performing security work;
- • The company must have an adequate armory: when applicable, the company must comply with the Firearms and Ammunition Ordinance.
The types of security services offered by this type of company in Hong Kong can include but are not limited to:
• Security guarding and management;
• Surveillance security;
• Armored transportation;
• Emergency and security control operations as well as investigations;
• Security system, technology, and products.
The functioning of security agencies is governed by the Security and Guarding Services Ordinance. One of our Hong Kong company formation agents can give you more in-depth information about the Security and Guarding Services Industry Authority in Hong Kong.
Opening a company in Hong Kong
Company registration in Hong Kong is a quick and easy process. In order to start a security services company, investors will need an original company name, a bank account in Hong Kong, a registered office and they will have to draw up the company’s Articles of Incorporation.
Our team can help you during all of these steps and with the effective company registration with the Hong Kong Companies Registry.
Investors can contact us for any questions regarding the actual incorporation and the license for the security company.