Fintech, or financial technology, is based on using digital and mobile platforms for performing traditional financial management tasks. From digital banking to personalized insurance solutions and financial counseling, fintech companies offer a wide range of services to individuals and companies.
There are several types offintech activities in Hong Kong that present unique business opportunities to investors. What’s more, Hong Kong is a preferred location to open a fintech business because of the act that it is a well-known financial center in Asia.
A list of fintech activities
The following list highlights some of the most popular types of fintech activities and can serve as a general idea for the fintech ecosystem in Hong Kong. Investors who wish to open a company in Hong Kong can explore these options and many more.
- Personal finance: software designed to streamline wealth and finance management for individuals; can include solutions for investment management or simply for money management.
- Blockchain: the technology behind Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be used to provide a much wider range of services
- Insurance: the “insuretech” subsector is designed to customize the user’s experience with insurance policies; these types of companies offer software and internet-based services for customizing insurance policies, assigning risk categories and much more.
- Digital banking: perhaps one of the most popular applications of financial technologies, digital banking is the digitization of traditional banking activities; fintech companies can offer banking services at the touch of a button.
- Payment solutions: efficient platforms used for making payments that offer integrated services; can be offered for mobile devices.
How to open a company in Hong Kong
Company formation in Hong Kong is an easy process that involves a few steps. Investors who cannot be present in the city during the entire duration of the incorporation can talk to one of our Hong Kong company formation agents.
Contact us for complete details on how to open a Hong Kong company and the requirements for starting a business in the fintech sector.